Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tuesdays at Pyramid Brewery, Berkeley

If I were unemployed, I would spend every Tuesday at Pyramid Brewery and Alehouse. Not only is there alcohol, but there are plenty of activities to keep me busy for an evening.

I would start my day at 4 p.m. with a free, daily tour of the brewery. The 45-minute guided tour covers the brewing process and the history of Pyramid, as ends with three samples. For those under 21, there is Thomas Kemper soda.

After the tour, I would mosey down to the restaurant for happy hour, which runs from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Pints are $3.50, pitchers $10.50 except for Brewer's Handle Selection and appetizers 30% off. The blue cheese potato chips go perfectly with a cold brew.

After happy hour, I'd hang around until 7:30 p.m. for the start of Brainstormer's Pub Quiz. Trivia winners usually get free beer, with a six-pack for third, 12-pack for second, and a case for the winners to share.

Tuesday is also pint night, so you get to keep the pint if you purchase one of the seasonal glasses. Limit one glass a person.

Pyramid is one of my favorite breweries in Berkeley because of the daily events and promotions they have. The food is average, but Pyramid is a nice, easy place to relax and unwind with friends. Major bonus: they have their own parking lot!

Pyramid Brewery and Alehouse
901 Gilman St., Berkeley

Photo: Beerlabels.com

No comments:

Post a Comment