If I were unemployed, I would spend every Tuesday at Pyramid Brewery and Alehouse. Not only is there alcohol, but there are plenty of activities to keep me busy for an evening.I would start my day at 4 p.m. with a free, daily tour of the brewery. The 45-minute guided tour covers the brewing process and the history of Pyramid, as ends with three samples. For those under 21, there is Thomas Kemper soda.
After the tour, I would mosey down to the restaurant for happy hour, which runs from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Pints are $3.50, pitchers $10.50 except for Brewer's Handle Selection and appetizers 30% off. The blue cheese potato chips go perfectly with a cold brew.
After happy hour, I'd hang around until 7:30 p.m. for the start of Brainstormer's Pub Quiz. Trivia winners usually get free beer, with a six-pack for third, 12-pack for second, and a case for the winners to share.
Tuesday is also pint night, so you get to keep the pint if you purchase one of the seasonal glasses. Limit one glass a person.
Pyramid is one of my favorite breweries in Berkeley because of the daily events and promotions they have. The food is average, but Pyramid is a nice, easy place to relax and unwind with friends. Major bonus: they have their own parking lot!
Pyramid Brewery and Alehouse
901 Gilman St., Berkeley
Photo: Beerlabels.com
No comments:
Post a Comment